We had a wonderful Christmas break. We flew to Texas and my in laws blessed my side of the family by letting us use their ranch for a week. We had 25-28 people there at all times :) It was SO fun and relaxing. For 9 days I only got in a car and left twice. The kids had a blast playing with each other and playing in the beautiful weather. Here are a few snapshots....
The line up.... 13 from 9 mo-15
My Dads Parents came and spent a week with us, it was really nice having them and I think they enjoyed the setting. Like Gyn kept saying, they don't have cattle in their backyard in New Orleans where they have lived their entire life.
This is one of the 3 vehicles they kids LOVED getting rides in from any willing adult.
I am sure you can imagine the MASS of food we went through. It really works well where each family takes a couples of meals and we had a schedule of meals... then you are not in the kitchen for every meal, as it is you feel like you are cleaning up from one meal and have to start thinking of the next.
Daddy reading the Christmas story on Christmas eve.
Christmas morning before the chaos began
This is a fun kids game where you try to guess what you are by asking yes and no questions, and you look pretty funny too.
We even had an elf visit :) Sorry Stephanie I had to put this on here.
The kids did a Nativity scene like they did in Gulf Shores two years ago.
I think Pat might be the only one who doesn't own a gun out of the bunch... they had fun getting amchance to shoot skeet and targets.
2 comments:
Whoo hoo! Now I can get back to work after days of sitting on my iPad constantly refreshing :) I love you all!
I love how so many of your posts involve your extended family. It's great that you all stay so connected. As a mom who lives very far from some of her chicks, I totally appreciate rare family get-togethers!
Post a Comment