Sunday, March 27, 2011

My three sons

We are home and settling in here at the Smits household. 

It was very strange to only be at the hospital for a few days after our last experience.  Even Sweet Will remembers well how much time we all spent at the hospital with Coopers arrival.  When Momma told him that baby Joel had been born he responded with awe "My Mom went to the hospital and had the baby in ONE day!"  Sweet boy, I guess he was preparing himself for me to be gone for 5 weeks again :)

We praise the LORD for so many things through this pregnancy and labor and delivery.  He answered so many prayers of mine and blessed us with people and things that I hadn't even thought about while at the hospital.

Here are some photos from the last few days...
I love this picture of the proud daddy the first time he held him.
Nana came to the hospital with the boys a few hours after Joel was born.  She wasn't happy that we wouldn't tell her what we had had until the boys arrived in the room :)
I love this picture of Cooper.  He want to hold his baby, for about two whole seconds :) 
My baby is now a big brother.  And he seems HUGE next to him.  Changing Coops diaper after changing Joel's is just hilarious how huge Cooper's thighs are!
March 23rd was Pats 29th Birthday.  He spent it in the hospital, but a new son is a pretty good gift.
This is the best picture of my I could muster up to put on here :)  I need to take a picture of my baby picture because Joel looks just like me.
We arrived home to two happy older brothers!
Sweet baby.
We had our movie night on Friday and this is how Will watched the movie.  He loves his new brother.
CRAZY wild man Cooper!  We quickly discovered we can't leave him alone in the room with Joel, not even with Joel in the pack and play :)  Oh my, this is going to be interesting :)

He is so precious and I just love having him curled up on my shoulder and smelling him :)

I need to get a picture of his feet.  Our other two came out, and still have, HUGE hands and feet.  Joel's are just LONG!  He looks like a new puppy with his feet or Pat said a pterodactyl  with his hands:)

Well that is all for now!  Thanks for all the love from everyone.  I am doing good, just in that foggy, no sleep, healing, and  hormonal stage... it is easier than the first time since you know what the expect and know it will end at some point :) But that doesn't stop the tears sometimes.  My older two just seem so big, and then last night I started crying to Pat about Kindergarten for Will :)  Changes, changes everywhere are bittersweet!

6 comments:

Mindy Rives said...

Congratulations Sarah!! Joel is precious...and so are his two big brothers!! You and Pat are very blessed. Congrats from Josh and I. Enjoy that new bundle of JOY!!!

Anonymous said...

Great post, Sarah! We love seeing all the pics of Joel and especially of everyone getting to know him. =)

Enjoy all those snuggles and that wonderful newborn smell!

Michelle said...

Joel is just adorable! Glad everything went so well.
Kylah is just like Cooper...we don't trust her alone in a room with Norah! :)

Christine said...

He's so beautiful!!!! And that picture of Will snuggling with Joel, PRECIOUS!!! Ha, I can imagine that Cooper seems huge, because he is huge!! Wish I was there to cook for you and love on your sweet kiddos!! :)

Grumpy said...

I can't wait to see Joel - he looks a lot like Will did at birth. I'm very happy everyone is doing so well.

Hannah said...

You are over halfway there for your starting 5! :) Hope you are doing well. You look amazing and everyone looks thrilled at the arrival of Joel. Precious, precious!