Pat and I read an article the other day about a little boy who did some crazy/not so wise things. His parents had started telling him that some things are funny to think about, but not to do. And it had become their motto each time he was walking out to play. Pat and I laughed and started talking about some of our kids "funny to think about, not to do" sort of moments. I think we will be saying those word a lot around our house over the years.
Here are a few recently....
-As I was reading the bible to the boys before bed I looked up and saw Will slyly lifting the quilt hanging on the wall next to his bed. He reluctantly lifted it to show me his "booger collection." I am not sure how long he had been collecting, there were a lot!
Funny to think about, not to do.
-Having already going back up to the boys room a few times after being tucked in, Pat was frustrated as he headed up the stairs AGAIN to the LOUD room of boys that were supposed to be falling asleep. He opens the door to find Cooper (who is not potty trained) TOTALLY naked shining his flashlight on his self! Will told him to do it.
Funny to think about, not to do
The best part of the article is when the little boy turns around and tells his mom "but mom, if you know HOW funny it was to think about them, you would do them too" :)
:)


4 comments:
Ha! Great stories. Man, that's the theme in our house too! I might adopt that phrase during correction as well. =)
So funny!
He's right, it probably is fun to do too! :)
I had to tell you Sarah after reading this post, I've adopted the phrase with a slight twist. Funny to think about but not to say. Alex says anything that comes to his mind which is often hilarious but not always appropriate. :)
Roxanne I imagine as my boys grow up the phrase will change to that too :)
Post a Comment