As many of you know I am a proud coupon clipper :) It was actually this weekend (Memorial Day) 4 years ago that I stopped shopping store brand at Walmart and began clipping coupons. I drastically cut our grocery budget and I haven't turned back since :) It is a hobby for me, sounds lame, but hey I am turning something I have to do, grocery shopping, into something I enjoye doing (most of the time).
So, this weekend I experienced something UNBELIEVABLY fun for my couponing habit :) A store by us was TRIPLING coupons up to a $1!!!! The stores around here double coupons up to $.50, thus you can get up to $1 off an item. Well this weekend I was able to triple $1 coupons up to $3!!! I got either paid to take stuff from the store, or for free, or for CHEAP!
I fed Joel and spent a Friday night by myself for 2 hours walking the aisles of the grocery store, and I couldn't have been happier! :)
So now I am going to be one of the crazies and post a picture of my goods!
Before coupons $320..... AFTER $58.... 84% SAVINGS!!! wooohoooo!!! I had to wake Pat up when I got home to tell him about it :)
And NO, I have not seen extreme couponing (I have now been asked MANY times), because we don't have cable..... another way we save some $$ these days. Pat lived through his first football and basketball season without cable quite painlessly. He only went to his brother a few times for must see games that weren't on basic TV or the Internet.

4 comments:
WOO HOO!!!! How much did the MAGNUM BARS cost!!!!!! The Magnums were worth the whole trip...has Pat already eaten them all???
For those of you who don't know what Magnum Bars are you are missing out and just need to go buy some...coupon or no coupon!!!
Way to go Indy, now selling Magnum Bars and Bluebell. It's a European Southern experience all rolled into one!
Love you, Alyson (Mack echos my sentiments!)
That's AMAZING! Way to go. =)
Jealous! :-) Way to go, Sarah! That's awesome.
I've been totally off the couponing bandwagon for months now and I need to get "back in the saddle," so to speak- especially so I can stock up on a few things before our new baby makes his appearance. Thanks for the inspiration!
Sarah: I have been lost without my work computer. It is amazing how much I rely on it. As a result, I fell behind in keeping up with your posts. Happy Anniversary! It is hard to believe that 7 years have gone by so quickly! I love the post about the boys. I will have to search the memory bank to come up with a few stories about their dad and uncles. I am now going to call you the Coupon Queen!
Post a Comment