Well, the first day of school for my baby has come and gone!
I can't even tell you the emotions I have been having. This hit me harder than I ever imagined it would. I feel like I just had Will. I feel like starting school just came out of nowhere! We chose not to do preschool with him thus I have been with hm almost 24/7 for almost 6 years (which I do not regret at all!) so maybe that is why I feel like I am being a bit more psycho than other moms I talk too?! I don't know! But I have cried and cried and cried. I know Pat is ready for his normal not very emotional wife to come back :)
I am just sad! I am sad that I won't be with him all the time. I am sad that I have to let go some. I just want to hold on tight and freeze time. He is sch a sweet gentle child. He loves to cuddle, and love it! He is always tentative about new things thus has not been excited about starting school. He has asked me many times to home school him. I do think he will like it, that he will make friends and that he will do great, BUT, I am just sad! It hurts!
The only other thing I can think of that has been this hard and painful and emotional for me was when I had to leave the hospital after 4 weeks without my baby, when Cooper was in the NICU, you aren't supposed to leave the hospital with empty arms after being pregnant! Man that was HARD and hurt SOOO much, and this feels the same way for me!
And I was pretty anxious about my baby being influenced by others and not being their to lead him and protect him. But I have been praying about this for a few months. Just asking the Lord to protect him, praying that he will be a leader, and praying for wisdom when things do arise. God has given me a peace in this area, I am just resting in the fact that the Lord is going with him in that school everyday.
Here he is with his sweet friend Cam. She came over so I could braid her hair before school started. They are in different schools. We don't really know anyone well at his school.
Fortunately it is half day kindergarten and Will is gone in the afternoon during naps, otherwise his little brother would be a mess without him! I don't look forward to that next year. Please tell me how to freeze time!
Pat and I got to take Will to lunch (he chose pizza, that is after Texas Roadhouse wasn't open for lunch and we told him a hibachi grill type restraunt wasn't an option) while a dear friend watched the other two.
Only through many prayers and the Lord was I able to hold it together fairly well today.
He did a great job once we got to school. It would have been hard if he had been upset!
So Pat and I realize we are big and our kids are big, but it was comical seeing him in line. He literally could have rested his chin on the kid in front of him. He almost looked too old for the line of kids :) goodness we are Amazon people over here!
Unfortunately Daddy had to leave on a business trip so it was just me waiting for Will to get off the bus (I realized last night as I was tossing and turning and crying in bed that I did not ride the bus until 5th grade.... what in the world, should I be putting my 5 year old on the bus?!)
Will said he had a good time. I can't say he was ecstatic. He was kind of funky most of the afternoon. He said he doesn't want to go everyday :( I am just going to keep praying for him and try to stay upbeat for him.










No comments:
Post a Comment