The kids call him Grumpy. It started as a joke when I was pregnant with Grand baby #1, and it stuck.... or he just didn't think of another name before we had Will. Either way, he is "Grumpy"... and a good one at that! He is now taking his role seriously and even dressing like him.
The funny thing is, this is totally normal to me that you have a unique name for your grandparents. I grew up with a Mim, Pawpaw, Pepere, Gyn, Memere, & Na. I remember as a child not understanding when my friends said their grandmothers name was "grandma".... I would ask "No, what's there name?".... Grandma/pa was a general term to me :)
So, I am glad that my kids have a Grumpy, Mimi, Nana, & Pere... plus all our grandparents who are they greats!
Pat and I have already had some discussions on what name we would chose for our grand kids to call us :)

2 comments:
That's funny. Brandon and I have chosen ours too. Mine is going to be what my grandfather nicknamed me as a child. Thought it only fitting.
Miss Sarah:
Thanks for the post - I love being Grumpy - please promise me that if I ever become "grumpy" - you will set me straight. Part of the fun of the name is that I feel it is somewhat opposite of my personality. I can't imagine being anything other than Grumpy at this point - love you guys
Post a Comment