Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Goodbye Summer

The temperatures are finally getting cooler here and yesterday was our last day of summer as Will started first grade today.  (tear)  But we had some fun these past few weeks of summer. 

Batman turned 4!

He wanted a basketball Court cake.... I was hoping to do a ball but he wanted the court.  He really wanted Michael Jordan on it, but you just can't pick one of those up at Walmart these days :)

Pat took Will on the 2nd annual back to school boys "camping" trip.  I put that in quotations because he intends for it to be a camping trip but this year with the drought there is a burn ban around here so camping without a fire just didn't sound fun.  Instead they spent the weekend in Cincinnati and went to a Reds game.  They had a good time.  I think this will be a fun annual trip all through school for the boys and then even when they are older.


The boys have been all about cooking with me recently (asking to help all the time).. which I love since I love to cook and hope to produce boys who know how and like to cook also! 
The boys had a free "bick" wash yesterday.  They marched up and down the street advertising with the sing Coop is holding :)

This morning through tears I made my first school lunch of what I am sure will be hundreds :)  We won't talk about my breakdown.  I am just sad that the majority of this little boys waking hours will not be spent with me.  It is all we have both known for almost 7 years and it makes me SOOOO sad that it is changing!

And here is the BIG first grader!  He lost is front tooth this weekend :)

He came home (at least he came home... two doors down didn't make it on the bus!) with and OK attitude.... not great... he said it is too long and he didn't have any time to play...  and then there were tears at bed time tonight about it.  I'm hopeful this will get better in the next few weeks! :)

1 comment:

Hannah said...

Sweet summertime! I love your comment about raising boys who can cook. And the idea of the annual camping trip extending beyond their childhood.