Here we go, a snapshot from what we got to do in our jampacked weeks away...
My mom joined the zoo and her grandparents pass lets all of her grand kids and one other adult guest get in both at the aquarium and zoo. It is already paid for with our 2 trips to the zoo and 2 trips to the aquarium!
My sisters and SIL threw a shower for Liza
Sisters
After the shower the men came over with the boys and we some how wound up in just undies dipping into her cold pool. We were in the south and it was a beautiful spring day, but even down there it was not quite swimming weather :) They were all shaking by the end!
We had a girls tea... all the girls of the family!
My parents had a slumber party with the kids so we could go out to the bachelor/bachelorette party,
My cousin owns a few bars in New Orleans. We went to one in the bottom of a hotel. It was perfect... no smoking, not crowded, and great sitting area he had left open for us. We did a mini lingerie shower for her here.
We saw the guys walking by outside headed to another one of his bars. Alyson and I snuck over to check in on them :)
The next morning we met Mimi and Grumpy bright and early for a street car ride to breakfast
Coopers first grits.
The BEAUTIFUL bride!
My cousin Caroline was a bridesmaid as well. She and Liza have gotten quite close since Liza moved there in the fall not knowing a soul!
This is Timothy's groomsmen cake! How awesome is this! It is a dressed shrimp poboy for those of you who are lost :)
Will pill doing his thing sneaking a peek at the bride but not going by her for a picture :)
The guys in their seersucker... the really looked good! And although Pat was worried that at 6'7" it would be a LOT of seersucker... he looked pretty darn good if you ask me! :) I hope I can get him to wear it again.
Is Kanga too cute or what!
All the kiddos with AUNT Liza
I was sitting outside at a table and Will ran out and yelled "MOM! They're dancing! Lets go!" He knows the way to his mommas hear! :) It was too cute and so much fun! Needless to say I had been talking for months to him about dancing with me at the wedding! :) Now if only I would have gotten to dance with Pat! I can't believe we NEVER got to dance the whole night! My words of advice, unless it is a family member and you HAVE to have your children at a wedding, GET a babysitter so you can enjoy the wedding! :)
This would be where I got my love for dancing. Anyone who knows my parents would easily guess that my mom likes to dance but surprisingly so does my Daddy! :)
The bride did steal her boyfriend for a few seconds of dancing.
The kids were wiped out by the end of the night! How come my child doesn't pass out like all the others though?!
Off to their honeymoon and life as Mr. & Mrs. Timothy LeBlanc!
And yes I had the crazy idea for my family to do the Crescent City Classic (10k) the NEXT morning!!! I was proud of myself though, I ran the first 4 straight and then walked two short times after that to finish at 56minutes.
We had a crawfish boil at my aunts house and Easter egg hunt.
This is neat, my older sister has always done this with her kids on Easter morning. They do an egg hunt and some of the eggs have money in them for them to bring to church that morning as their offering. Here is Steph explaining it to the kids.
Checking out the goods!
The newlyweds even joined us for a bit. They weren't leaving until Sunday and aren't going to see any of us until Christmas :(
Our chunky Bunny!
Amazingly I think we got a good picture of ALL the kids! Except Cooper with his hands in his mouth.
After church we went and had the most nontraditional Easter lunch ever! We changed clothes in the car and picked up Popeyes and headed to City Park! A lot of us were headed out of town and we can't really just drop in at someone Easter dinner since we bring 20+ people! :) Seriously this is SO different than our norm... I was raised with holiday meals as a cook for two days set the table with fine china, silver, crystal eat until you are sick sort of meal... it was strange.
Isn't this a GREAT picture of my mom and my Mim?! Thanks Mim for letting my family stay with you! I love you!
5 comments:
What a wonderful time with your family!! Frame that picture of Cooper!!! Your parents dancing is priceless and they are amazing for keeping ALL the kids!! (Does Cooper take a bottle?) Beautiful pictures--you looked great in your dress and I am SO PROUD of your amazing running skills!!!
Hi Sarah! I found your cute blog though somewhere...can't remember, maybe Facebook? Your sweet family is adorable....I can't believe that you have 2 little ones! They are precious. I will add your blog to my favs on my blog, so I can keep up to date on you. Tell Pat hello. Y'all take care!
Oh it was so fun to see all the fun pictures. I can't believe Timothy is married! His wife is gorgeous. And you running a 10K, way to go momma! Cooper's picture just melts my heart. He is so precious! Love ya girl.
Sarah,
I love NOLA, too. :) Looks like y'all really had a great time; family weddings are just the best. We'll have to have y'all over to our house soon and grill out. I think it'd be fun to do a low-country boil, but Lew doesn't love that idea.
amanda :)
p.s. We're pregnant with Baby Wooton #2 and I declare the color pallette I'm gonna use for Lillian's "Big Girl" room is exactly the colors of the bridesmaids dresses - navy & pink. I've already had the room painted navy blue, I'm just looking for some pretty pink gingham and quilts now.
Miss Sarah:
These are GREAT pictures - thansk for sharing.
Can you send me the pictures you took AFTER the run....I have a few friends that are hacing a tough time believing that the fat man made it 6 miles!
Mini Coop and Will look great.
Mimi and I had a GREAT time in New Orleans sharing this terrific event with you and your family.
Post a Comment