Monday, April 12, 2010

The Angels are Rejoicing....

"I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the
angels of God over one sinner who repents" Luke 15:10

Yesterday was a VERY special day!  Will asked Jesus into his heart! 

We had friends who were here for the weekend and left early in the morning.  So Will was laying in bed with me.  He asked to read the bible and then we just began talking about how Pat and I pray for his salvation all the time. 

He has such a tender heart.  For the past few months he has asked question after question about heaven, hell, integrity, and sin.  He LOVES to listen to his bible stories in the car. 

We have talked about us and cousins and friends that know the Lord.  And this time he stopped me and he said all on his own that "I want to pray to become a Christian."  It was such a sweet prayer, not prompted or led by me.  He thanked God for sending Jesus for him, he told the Lord he wanted to be a Christian and he asked Jesus to come into his heart.

Will understands that he is a sinner deserving of hell.  But God sent his perfect son to die in our place.  He gets that the holy spirit now dwells in him.  Already today it was neat when I saw him convicted of something he did and knew was wrong... I was able to talk to him about that feeling of knowing it was wrong and how that is the spirit at work in him... so neat (and what a good example that you are saved in a moment but sanctified through a lifetime)!

We are excited about the Man that God is going to grow him up to be! 

Pat and I have prayed for this since I got pregnant.  We are so excited that our sweet boy has chosen to follow the Lord and will spend eternity with him.  We love you Will!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I was looking for the scripture reference about the angles rejoicing over new believers, I came across this and thought it was really neat.   It is a list of 53 blessing a christian receives when they come to follow the LORD...

1.) Access to God's Grace.....(Ephesians 2:8+18)

2.) We are adopted by God....(Ephesians 1:5)

3.) We get an Inheritance....(Ephesians 1:11)

4.) We are elected (saved)...(1 Peter 1:2).

5.) We become a child of God...(John 1:12)

6.) We get a heavenly citizenship...(2 Timothy 4:18)

7.) We become a servant....(Romans 6:22)

8.) We are heirs of God, joint heirs with Jesus...(Romans 8:17)

9.) We become a new creature...(2 Corinthians 5:17)

10.) We become priests....(1 Peter 2:9).

11.) We are reconciled to God....(Romans 5:10)

12.) We are Sanctified......(1 Corinthians 6:11)

13.) We are accepted in the Beloved...(Ephesians 1:6)

14.) We are Baptized into the body of Christ.....(1 Corinthians 12:13)

15. ) We are buried with him.....(Romans 6:4).

16. ) We have put on Christ....(Galatians 3:27)

17. ) We have eternal life...(John 10:28)

18. ) We have peace with God...(John 14:27

19. ) We became a friend of God....(John 15:15)

20. ) We get in the Lamb's book of life...(Revelation 21:27)

21. ) We receive imputed righteousness....(Romans 4:6)

22. ) Our names are written in heaven.....(Luke 10:20)

23. ) We are given a blessed hope of Christ's returning....(Titus 2:13)

24. ) We are seated in heavenly places.....(Ephesians 2:6):

25. ) We have fellowship with the trinity.....(1 John 1:3) 26. ) We have a mansion in heaven...(John 14:2)

27. ) We are born again with a spiritual re-birth.....(John 3:3-6)

28. ) We have received an annointing....(1 John 2:27)

29. ) The Holy Spirit will live with us now and forever....(John 14:16)

30. ) We've been sealed by the Holy spirit unto the day of redemption. (Ephesians 4:30)

31. ) Our bodies become the temple of the Holy Ghost.....(1 Corinthians 6:19) 32. ) We are forever forgiven.....(Luke 7:48)

33. ) We are justified in God's sight.....(Romans 5:1):

34. ) We are redeemed....(Revelation 5:9)

35. ) Indwelt by the Holy Spirit.....(Romans 8:9)

36. ) We have an advocate with Christ...(1st John 2:1)

37. ) We now have the possibility to have victory over sin....(Romans 6:14) 38. ) We become Christ's ambassadors.....(2nd Corinthians 5:20)

39. ) We are blessed with spiritual blessings..... (Ephesians 1:3

40. ) Our every need will be supplied by God....(Philippians 4:19

41. ) Given an inner strength to accomplish necessary things(Philippians 4:13).

42. ) A good work has been done in us....(Philippians 1:6)

43. ) The Lord becomes our helper instead of our judge..(Hebrews 13:6)

44. ) We get abounding grace...(2 Corinthians 9:8)

45. ) We get eternal love....(Romans 8:38-39).

46. ) Everthing that happens to us will be for our own good....(Romans 8:28)

47. ) A promised faithfulness regardless of our faithlessness....(2 Timothy 2:13)

48. ) A promise given to be able to resist temptation....(1 Corinthians 10:13).

49. ) We are made kings...(Revelation 1:6)

50. ) We became saints....(1 Corinthians 1:2)

51. ) We have been delivered from the power of darkness

52. ) Our hearts are unblamable....(1 Thessalonians 3:13)
53. ) We get the power of a sound mind....( (2 Timothy 1:7

8 comments:

Doug Siemens said...

That is AWESOME!!! I've got another little brother! Pat and Sarah, I know you are just busting at the seams as parents. We'll be praying for you and Will as he grows in the Lord.

Anonymous said...

VIcki and I could not sleep tonight and we got up to read and talk. This was great news that we got excited about. We also loved the list of promises that you reminded us about.

Praise God for this memorable moment. Praise God for a changed heart and a new child in the family of God.

Kerwin and Vicki

Katie said...

Oh Sarah, that's AWESOME!! Praise God!!

Kobi said...

Sweet! Hawk will be excited when I tell him.

Christine said...

Sarah!!!! I seriously have tears in my eyes! I just love that little man! I am just rejoicing with you. Praise the Lord!

Michelle said...

So awesome!
What an answer to prayer for you guys as parents. Joe and I always pray that Joey and Kylah will grow to know the Lord, and I know it must be so special when that happens!

Anonymous said...

Hooray Will! It is always such an exciting thing when someone comes to know the Lord, but it is really beautiful when a young child understands and accepts salvation!

LindsayH said...

So Awesome! How great is our God. Will has some pretty amazing parents. Loved reading about this. Warms my heart and is such an encouragement for my own girls. Thanks for sharing :)