Should we be concerned that our 2 1/2 year old needs a 5+ bike helmet!? Will just learned to ride his tricycle the past few weeks and is LOVING it! After a few spills we decided that we should probably be good parents and go get a bike helmet. So off to toys r' us we went.... the 3+ helmet (which had all the cute options... elmo, thomas, etc) didn't fit.... and the next size up is 5+! We can thank the Smits genes for this.... Pat has family members who can't buy hats at the store! :)
Pat got home late last night from his business trip and man was I ready for some alone time today! Will has been wearing me out.... he is just fighting me on everything! But God was good, I got to actually get a quite time in this morning since Pat was here to get up with him, and it was VERY encouraging and then off for a few hours I went! It is amazing how walmart on a Saturday can be enjoyable when you are by yourself! :) Don't worry I wasn't in walmart for the whole time, I got to do some other shopping ALONE! It had been a few weeks since I had alone time, even when I was on our trip I realized I never got away from him or just off by myself... I was even in the same room while he napped and stuff at the hotel!
Before I go, here are a few of the verses from Isaiah 40 that encouraged me this morning, maybe it will do the same for a few others......
"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs (Children) in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those (Parents) that have young."
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."
"Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
2 comments:
S,
Sounds like a pretty intense run - I admire your honesty, but even more so, your mothering.
xoxo
I've become an avid reader - I enjoy the stories and it gives me another way for me to watch my favorite grandson grow up. As you know, I've done a few miles on a bike. I'm glad to see Big Will with a helmet on - I ALWAYS wear one. The good news is that you can find helmets to fit a full sized Smits head as Will continues to grow! Love you....
Post a Comment