Well, Monday morning my Mom was struggling a bit with her house being packed up and not looking forward to the month that she was about to spend alone in a Residence Inn. So my Dad used some miles (the wonderful side of all his traveling!) and flew Will and I to Houston Tuesday morning (Will "helped" pack). Pat was actually leaving that morning on a business trip and we got on the same flight for the first leg of the trip. Pat graciously took Will and sat in two seats and I was by myself in his seat, it was my FIRST time flying without a child climbing all over me in 2 1/2 years! VERY NICE!
The warmer weather, green grass, and leaves on the trees (I knew I was looking forward to spring for the warm weather but being here makes me realize how dead everything is up by us right now!) are sooo nice! We are having a great time and working through napping and sleeping everynight since it is one big room with the couch, TV and bed instead of two separate rooms... but Will is really doing great!
In exciting pregnancy news..... 16 weeks and no more sickness!!! Wooohooo!! Atleast that is exciteing for me! Now just dealing with the back pain!
Mom has been spoiling me with all my favorite foods (hot boiled crawfish, la Madline, sonic, Blue Bell, etc. etc.!) and buying Will some clothes. Like I said the trip was last minute and all I had was one pair of 24month shorts for Will so I brough them with me.... they were like spandex when I put them on! :) So we had to go buy a few things for Will.... hand me downs haven't been sent yet from our older cousins John David and Hawk! We are sooooo blessed in that area! Of course my amazon child will probably only make it one more year on hand me downs!
Below are two of the reasons we miss Texas.....
SONIC and Blue Bell....mmmmmmmm
I am sure I just made my husband a wee bit jealous!
(sorry I can't flip that picture on the hotel computer)
3 comments:
Oh totally! Josh and I were just talking about how much we miss Sonic the other day! And I just miss ice cream in general. =) I can't wait to indulge in a few months. That's great that you're feeling better and can actually enjoy this stuff now.
I'm so glad you got to have a last minute trip to see your folks! That's so fun.
That's great - welcome back to Texas!! Do they have happy hour at Sonic there? We are getting way too used to getting a slushie in the afternoon! : )
Yes, the pictures of Audrey were taken at Main Street.
Glad you are feeling better! What a relief!
Hi Sarah-
I came to your blog thru the link on the MOPS page-- you probably aren't too sure who I am (I'm not so sure who everyone is at MOPS either), but I wanted to say hi. Your blog is very cheerful and I've enjoyed reading some of your posts you've just put up. I love the little baby-gaga thing, too, how fun!
Have a good trip. :)
--Corie
Post a Comment