Ok, I just want to cry.
Will stopped taking a bottle at 3months... we moved to Indiana and I did not know a soul so I just nursed him the first two months we were here since I wasn't ever going anywhere. Well, at 5 months, I got invited to go somewhere and he wouldn't take a bottle for Pat. We tried for weeks.... different positions, different bottles, different temperatures..... he would have nothing to do with it. So, I swore that this baby would take a bottle so I would be able to go off for more than a few hour or possibly even a night!
Well, it must be genetic b/c Cooper is 3 months and won't take the bottle! We had only gone a few days without giving him one and the past three times Pat has tried he has refused!
It turns into this frustrating hour of Pat trying to give a bottle to a crying baby, and me feeling sick to my stomach that I won't be able to go out at all in the evenings with friends or anything for the next 9 months! Not to mention the 2 gallons of liquid gold I have in my freezer! ahhhh!
PLEASE, I would love some GREAT advice if you have any that worked for you in this situation!
On a side note, I had a thought... neither of my boys do/did pacifiers.... I wonder if babies who do pacifiers do better than bottle because they are used to having something in their mouth that that suck on... a silicon something at that just like a bottle?!
3 comments:
I hear you - it is the most frustrating thing in the world!!! I think I tried 8 different bottles for both Connor and Audrey, and neither of them wanted anything to do with them!! Maybe your theory is right about the pacifiers because neither of them liked pacifiers... Audrey finally took a sippy cup - but she was pretty old. I hope you find the answer - let me know when you do!
I have SO been there- twice. Even though both of my kids were/ are AVID pacifier users, both of them had some trouble with bottles. Max eventually took one ( I think I tried younger with him... so I think it's smart that you're working on it now with Cooper). Maggie never, never would take one until she was fully weaned and drinking whole milk. It seems like if you stick with it, he will eventually take it.... if you were weaning him, he would have to, so surely he CAN. Good luck. I know very well that trapped feeling and I'm wishing you quick success with the bottle!
That is what I told Pat tonight, what if my milk supply dried up... he would HAVE to learn to take a bottle!
Post a Comment