You know when you can't get a certain date out of your head. Not a birthday or anniversary necessarily but the date of something else. Like for me September 23 always rings a bell because that was my due date with Will... I guess it is because you think and say your due date so much when you are pregnant but like most people I never actually had my baby on that day (was induced 1 week after my due date).... but still each year when that date comes around it sound familiar.
Well today is one of those days for me too. It was July 12 a year ago that I had PROM (my water broke) at 3o weeks 5 days... I was on hospital bed rest for three weeks.... went into labor at 33 weeks 6 days and had our little (5lbs 10oz) Cooper on August 3rd.... only to spend two more weeks one floor up in the hospital in the NICU.
Man it was such a hard time for us... for sure the hardest in our marriage to date. I can't believe it was a year ago, it still seems so fresh. I have been thinking about it SO much lately and easily cry thinking about it (and I am not a easy crier).
God is good though, we learned a lot from that time and were blessed with a precious little boy.
But I tell ya my thoughts on pregnancy are so different now. Whenever a friend is nearing 30 weeks I think "oh no, you might not have much more time" :) Where I would have ABSOLUTELY traveled internationally at 30 weeks pregnant before this happened last summer.
They still don't know why my water broke so early. And obviously NO it is not a given and you are going to have your baby within 24 hours if your water breaks (I had SO many people who thought this was the case). But pregnant friends, just in case you might want to have that hospital bag packed a little earlier than you would have guessed :)
Sarah Smits
3 comments:
Sarah, you and your family are so brave for what you have gone through. I remember your time in the hospital and how difficult that time was on you, Pat, Will and all your family. I was praying for you often during that time.
I, too, remember dates. The day I lost my baby and had emergency surgery is coming up in August too. It is amazing the grace God gives us to be able to move on without complete and total understanding of it all.
I pray that you will have safe and healthy pregnancies in the future and that God will protect your body from anything like that happening again! Hugs my friend!
"(and I am not a easy crier). "
Since when?!
Love you.
I really should have read your friends more sensitive response before commenting...
Post a Comment