Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Truth Serum...


Pat had knee surgery on Monday. And i had already been around him twice when he has been put under.... and always had some great laughs from what came out of his mouth. Why I didn't remember a video camera this time, I don't know!

Here are a few of the conversation from Monday, I wrote them down so I could blog this. :)

In a serious voice staring into my eyes "Thank you, I Love you Sarah, and that is from my heart it is not the drugs speaking." (he patted his heart when he said this). I was DYING laughing and he just stared at me with this shocked look on his face, not blinking, not saying anything. Then he says "why are you laughing, you don't believe me? I mean it." I just told him "Thank you, and you don't talk like that." (We had this same conversation 2 times)

He asked me to use his cell phone, we had no service in the recovery area and I told him. He said "Well aren't you just Debbie Downer" :)

He patted me and said "you're Hoa (my second middle name that I dropped when I got married) and I'm Bobby (a nick name from college one of his buddies called him, that he doesnt' really like)" What they heck, where did this come from?!

And then best one. He grabbed himself a few times and kept saying "he's still there". Then he said "Do you think they peeked at my johnson?" Laughing I said "I don't think so, do you?" "Yeah because it is in a different position." :)

Oh, he is doing ok. Not recovering and up and about as quick as he thought he would be. Will has been enjoying sleeping in the bed with me since Pat has stayed on the couch since Monday :)

7 comments:

christine said...

Ok, I am crying I'm laughing so hard at the johnson comment. He's hilarious! How's recovery?

Meredith Adair said...

This is hilarious!!! I'm reading it to David right now! : )

christine said...

And the picture of Pat off to the side with the handlebar mustache? That just adds more humor to the situation!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Does Pat know you shared all this with us??? =) So funny!

Kobi said...

Oh, that's good stuff. Thanks for the comic relief. Pat's going to kill you when he reads this. :)

Smits Family said...

I did ask him if I could blog the experienc... it was in the recovery room though :)

I reasked before I posted last night though ;)

Grumpy said...

Now I know what I'll be buying Pat for his birthday from now on - there is a tee shirt line called "big johnson" - here's the link:

http://www.bigjohnson.com/cgi-bin/productlist_new.cgi?id=20040627212301&code=Beach_Service