Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Y Ball

Will started Y ball a few weeks ago. Pat is coaching.
Will is LOVING it.  Everyday of the week he does a count down until the next Saturday when he gets to play again.
Pat is enjoying coaching and doing a great job.
He played really well in the first game this week. He is very serious about it all :)  He made 4 of his 5 shots and scored the only points for his team. They don't keep score in yball though :)
This little guy wishes he could be out there SO bad. He can't wait until Will is done with his game so he can grab a ball and shoot. I would say the number one thing Will and Cooper play inside this winter is basketball (we always bring our hoop inside during the winter.... doesn't look too nice in the living room but what are ya gonna do :))
I am sure this is the beginning of MANY years of basketball in our kids lives.
Ironically this is the last year, after 20 years straight, of basketball for Pats parents since Uncle Kevin is a senior. Their first grandchild (Will) will start kindergarten in the fall as their youngest child starts college :) I just find it kind of ironic... different chapters in our lives changing over.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Will! When Mackenzie was playing 5-year-old basketball, she would duck when someone would pass to her! =)

That's great that Pat can coach his team. I'm sure they both love it!

Grumpy said...

Congratulations Big Will! You look pretty good in that uniform! I'm glad that you are having fun and that you get to share time with your dad and Cooper. I look forward to the next update! Keep practicing when you aren't out playing in the snow - that also looks fun!

Unknown said...

How EXCITING :))))) I can't wait to be able to watch them play!

Unknown said...

ps. this is meghan on laynes account lol