Tuesday, February 3, 2009

A Picture book of our week....

A few benefits of Pats new position is that we can travel with him sometimes and his territory is Central US.
So, we headed to Arkansas for this.....






50 Years of JBU Basketball Celebration




and some of this...




Fun times with GOOD friends


and...




their cute kids




but then THIS came...




The Worse Ice Storm many had seen (for sure me!)




By the next morning we lost electricity, but a benefit to having a coach for a friend....


Off to the high school gym the hubby's took the kids to run in the warmth!



Right when they got back, this happened...





a tree on the roof.. and it knocked the power box of the house to boot!



Thankfully Bryan's AMAZING parents took us in for what I originally thought would be just nap time ended up being where we spent the next five days and the rest of our trip! :) They used to invite us over for holidays in College and now they are taking in us and our kids. The really were SO gracious, giving us food, heat, beds, and some entertainment in the form of ....





Rockband!



Will was VERY into the guitar and singing! I would have video but my hubby is falling behind in the DVD making area so all the discs are full!





Although we did not leave the house AT ALL, and this was not quite what I had pictured Chris and I would be doing all week, it was REALLY fun! It felt like the holidays where you don't get out of PJ's... eat... play games... read books... etc.!





Some pics from the "holiday"...



One for the rehearsal dinner one day :)Lovin' the Footies!


" You see Anna, when our children disobey one day we will just take the saw and..." :)

I love this girl!Sweet Jakin... he is just this BALL of joy... I wonder who he gets it from!?

While we were dealing with the worse Ice Storm in Arkansas in 50 years Indy was shut down due to 12 inches of snow. So we came home to this....
Our amazing neighbor (see the previous post) had shoveled the drive, and the weather had warmed up to where it was GREAT weather to play in our foot of snow!





Yes he is eating the snow man he just built



I just had to add a cute one of this precious baby! Don't you just want to kiss him!


Pat teaching Will how to dive into the snow







Well, Pat is out of town now and we got 2+ more inches today! I hope everyone is doing well! We had fun in Arkansas and just MIGHT move back there some day! I never thought I would say that! :)

Oh, and just in case you did not get enough... here is a little bit more adorableness!

7 comments:

Grumpy said...

Miss Sarah:

Its great to see new photos and posts on the blog - I love the pictures...it looks like you guys had a great time with your old collge friends - despite the weather. Sometimes a little chaos actually adds to the experience. We love you and miss you - Cooper looks VERY huggable!

J. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J. said...

Cooper is adorable--but my favorite photo is the one that involves the doll and the saw. That's hillarious!

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you guys! I'm so sorry about the ice storm and everything that went with it, but it looks like you guys still had a fabulous time!

seriously, those pictures of Cooper are adorable!

Mom Keena said...

I guess you've had just about enough of winter by this time, huh? I loved the photos! And it was so good to see the Matchell's! Oh, and I better say it was good to see Brandon and Ty, or they will whine! :)

christine said...

You are hilarious!! The saw picture made me laugh out loud. The entire week was FANTASTIC with you guys there even with the craziness! Also love the picture of you and pat and the one of him diving! And Cooper is the sweetest baby ever!!!!

Hannah said...

What an amazing photo spread! I loved seeing the Matchell family and house. Oh my gosh, it's so weird for you to have all those gorgeous babies running around. I loved your line about "I wonder where Jakin gets his joyfulness from!" And that photo of Pat perfectly horizontal before falling in the snow. Hope everyone's doing great! Has Jarin had her little sweetie yet?