Monday, February 23, 2009

FIRE

I was leaving the House a few minutes ago to run a few errands during nap time (a plus of having Pat work from home) and saw this when I stepped outside....






In no time there were 4 fire engines, police, helicopters and a ton of onlookers.






This home is a block away. and the one across the alley from it and on both sides have damage as well.





Will was laying down for his nap (in his new fire dog PJ's) and all the fire engines and smokey smell got him out of bed (not that it takes this big of an excuse for him to get out of bed... this kid fight bed/nap time like crazy). So, Pat took off the PJ's and put on clothes and his firemen coat (we said no to the big red plastic firemen hat) and took him over to see it up close. First we stopped and prayed and this was his prayer...


"Dear God thanks for keeping the people safe and now lets blow out the fire"


(I am not sure if anyone was hurt or not, we were just praying that everyone would be safe)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! That's pretty scary. I hope everyone got out OK. I love Will's prayer! So cute.

The Frugal Muse said...

Sarah, Thanks for following the new frugal blog! I'm excited about it... I want to help lots of people get in on all these great deals that you and I get so excited about!! I seriously wish we lived closer... we could have so much fun together!

Unfortunately, no Kroger for us in Idaho! :-( I always read on the frugal sites about those great Kroger deals, so I'm glad you have one! We do have Albertsons here, and I can usually score some pretty great deals there. Last week I got over $300 of groceries for $30 oop. That was a particularly good week, though. :-)

Sorry you had trouble with the JCP deal. Looks like some other people had the same problem, and they contacted customer service.

If you find and good deals, send them my way and I'll post them on the new blog! You can be my partner in crime. :-)