Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Move to the Midwest!

As most know we plan to move here in the next year or so. Pat got a new position and we are going to move to his territory. We are not sure exactly where we want to live at this point. We really like it here but want to be closer to some family, have Pat home more due to less travel time, and slightly shorter/sunnier winters.
But, should we be rethinking this?! I have now met 5 people who moved here because they Googled the best place to live.

So I decided to give it a shot here is what you get....

Google: Most affordable place to live....
http://money.cnn.com/2009/05/18/real_estate/most_affordable_cities/index.htm?postversion=2009051907

Google: Best Place to raise a family...
http://www.forbes.com/2008/06/27/schools-places-family-forbeslife-cz_zg_0630realestate.html

So family and friends, why are we moving?! Move to us! :)

4 comments:

Kobi said...

I think the shorter/sunnier winters is reason enough. :) Though it's pretty hot here today. Maybe you could be a winter Texan.

Grumpy said...

Miss Sarah:

Please move to Texas! Here are some facts about Austin:

Austin was selected as the No. 2 Best Big City in "Best Places to Live" by Money magazine in 2006, and the "Greenest City in America" by MSN.[12][13] Also, according to CNN Headline News and Travel & Leisure magazine, Austin ranks No. 2 on the list of cities with the best people, referring to the personalities and attributes of the citizens.[14] Austin was also voted America's #1 College Town by the Travel Channel.[15] Austin was ranked the fifth-safest city in part because there are fewer than 3 murders per 100,000 people annually.[16][17]

Even though I'd be exposing my grandkids to UT, it would be worth it have them closer!

Brandon LeBlanc said...

I think I have to agree with Grumpy.

In fact I think I sent those articles to Sarah when she emailed me about this.

Here is one more:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Best-Places-to-Live-usnews-15476164.html?.v=1

And in the spirit family and having people closer I'll remind Grumpy that Austin has the largest Former Student Association in the country and the Governor is an Aggie as is the outgoing Mayor.

Brandon LeBlanc said...

And the hits just keep on coming. Forbes cities that will bounce back from the Recession fastest...just skip #2!

http://finance.yahoo.com/real-estate/article/107183/the-best-and-worst-cities-for-recession-recovery?mod=realestate-buy