Friday, October 10, 2008

Sad Goodbye

Yesterday we had to say goodbye to my mom and dad! I did not think I would take it as hard as I did, but it was a rough afternoon with all of us crying for them! :) This will be the longest period in my life (6months) that I will go without seeing my mom. And the first time in my life that I will not spend one of the holidays with them!

I am so blessed to have such giving and loving christian parents. It was a sacrifice they made having my mom be here for three months, and just when they thought they would be together since no more kids are at home or under their care (my dad has traveled family unaccompanied for years now overseas and would be gone weeks and months at a time). They gave so much to us in service, love, groceries :)... Thank you Momma and Daddy... we COULD NOT HAVE DONE THIS WITHOUT YOU!

Will woke up this morning and asked where "my Nana" was... every morning they snuggled on the couch to cartoons and a big cup of strawberry milk! :)

Here are a few pics of moms time here ( I know there are a lot... but it was three months! :))...
Mom split time with Pat staying the nights at the hospital with me
She was there when I went into labor
Cooper BIRTHday
She came up to the hospital whenever I needed/wanted her to
Mom spent a few nights with me in the NICU and would even just ride with me to do a late night feeding... or if I was a hysterical mess that my baby was up there without me she would go with me to hold and see him! Will wanted to "help" cook EVERY TIME she was in the kitchen!
Moms favorite thing at the Children's museum... a HUGE glass blown sculpture

Pumpkin Patch
Pere and Cooper at the Zoo... Daddy is SOOO good with babies!

A few trips to the Children's Museum







Movie night on Labor Day Weekend





The last morning with Nana! We love you!

6 comments:

christine said...

What a blessing!! Your parents are amazing. I'm so glad you had such a sweet time with them. Are you guys going to TX for holidays?

Hannah said...

Reading that makes me want to cry too! I know that having your mom there was such a help for you during your stay at the hospital and after Cooper was born. Your parents sound like amazing people and you are so blessed.

I want to know if you will be in TX for the holidays too? :) We will be in FW for Christmas.

Smits Family said...

We will be in TX for the New Years 30-4th... We are spending Christmas in our home for the FIRST time since we have been married.

Mom Keena said...

How wonderful that your mom was able to be there for such an extended time! I thought she was coming and going. What a blessing.

As far as your first Christmas in your own home, I'm sure you will make it fabulous! You've got a great little family! Well, Pat's not so little, but you know what I mean! :)

The Frugal Muse said...

How are you holding up without your mom? I know you are doing great, but I also know it is so hard to see moms go after they've been such a huge help! I'm so glad you had all of that special time with her.

I remember after Maggie was born and my mom was here, there was a part-time writing job available that I could have done from home. I was considering it until my mom left and my house fell apart! I realized I was crazy for even THINKING about taking on that job during that baby stage... I had no idea just how much my mom had been doing to help, even though I knew she had been doing so much! I definitely had a reality check when she had to head home!

Also- so glad you get to do Christmas in your home this year. That will be so special for your three guys and you. :-)

Anonymous said...

That's such a sweet post! I'm so glad your mom could be there for so long to help you guys out so much.

Cooper is so much bigger now! Way to go, Mama! =)