Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Amazing Husband

Can I just say I have a GREAT hubby! :) Today is my bday (Happy bday to me! :)). He worked in the kitchen last night for 2.5 hours making a cake, peeling shrimp, and CLEANING (he did comment on how tiring it was to be in the kitchen that long :)... isn't it refreshing when they get glimpse into some of what we do?!). I was also working in the kitchen doing my freezer club meals (I have been doing this for a few months now with 5 other girls from church and LOVE it... I highly recommend it!... we each make and freeze five of the same meal and then exchange once a month), and it was really fun for me (since I love to cook) to have him in there next to me doing something I enjoy... plus he was working on something just for me so that meant a lot too! Anywho, more on the meal he is making me later.

This morning as soon as our super reader came into our bedroom...




they both sang Happy Bday to me and then went down to watch cartoons until our chunk a munk....



woke up and ate a few minutes later, and then he made us all get in the car and drove me to the doughnut shop (wonderful melt in your mouth doughnuts that take 20 minutes to get to... we don't quite understand the lack of hole-in-the-wall doughnut shops here in Indy) and to get a coffee. Once we got back home he had me stay in the car for a few minutes. Once I was allowed in the house he led me on a seven step scavenger hunt revealing gifts and notes at each stop! How great and thoughtful is he!!! I love surprises and love birthdays! It was sooo fun! Thanks babe! I love you! (Sadly I will be out of town for his bday :(... but man has he set the bar high!)



Note the Wii Fit, that is from my MIL.... we don't have a Wii yet :)... but, my stud hubby won a contest at work and it will be the prize! woohoo! Speaking of game systems, his mom gave him guitar hero world tour for his bday gift, and Will is hilarious on it!...




Well, super readers is over I better go!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Wow, Pat did a GREAT job on your birthday. (I'll have to make sure Josh reads this post...=)

I love that freezer meal idea. I might try to start something like that when we go back to the PI.

Hannah said...

Happy Birthday Sarah!! You have a fabulous hubby! How did he manage to get so creative and pull that off!? Scott needs to read up on that too ;)

Hope all is well! Have a great b-day!

Joann said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! Mine was yesterday. Hope you continue to have a wonderful day. Tell Pat we said hi.

Kelley said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! What a super fun day!! I second Val's opinion... Ty will be reading this post for sure!!

Smits Family said...

Pat read the comments and said "you are going to get me in trouble!" :)

I told him no, it is good for them! :) Just like I made him read about Josh buying Val the necklace :) They need a little encourgament sometimes... and guys are so competive so if this is something they want to compete in I am SURE none of us will complain :)

Meredith Adair said...

Happy Birthday Sarah! It looks like you had an amazing birthday - how fun!

christine said...

Way to go Pat!! And Happy Birthday, my sweet friend. I'm so glad Pat made you feel so special. And SO GLAD he got the guitar game. They were all so funny at the Matchell's--I know those boys will get a lot of use out of it!