Thursday, May 27, 2010

Fun Stuff

Will just finished up his second session of swim lessons. And he is doing awesome. Besides a two lesson issue with some fear I am fairly confident he can save himself if need be :)

With my parents and cousin watching all the kiddos (12) this summer for a week with a pool I felt the need for him to be pretty secure in the pool. He is doing great.


We joined Connor Prairie (a Smithsonian interactive prairie park/museum) it is 5 minutes from our house and lots of fun. Pat loved it and didn't even get to do it all, the whole outside and animals thing is stuff he loves.
Will was so excited for his daddy to hit the mark with the ax. I didn't think that he was old enough to try but the lenape native American was all for him trying :) He was very excited and talked about it all day. (Grumpy, Pat wants this game down at the ranch now:))
Connor Prairie built this tethered hot air balloon last year and we see it up in the air all the time from spring to fall.  Will and I have wanted to do it from the beginning so we were excited to have the chance this weekend.

Daddy took one for the team and stayed on the ground with Cooper. 
We won't mention how a 6'7" man is scared of heights ;)

The two lovebirds on the covered bridge :)

Actually one of the ladies at one of the homes (they are all in period dress and playing the role the are dressed as) asked if they were brother and sister because they "spat like they are" :)
Our photographer Kelly got a pic of us that I like
(I need to figure out how to put it at the top of the blog... any help?)...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Meredith Adair said...

Love the family picture!

Kelly said...

That is one fine photographer you have! :)

Grumpy said...

So the big man "took one for the team" and stayed on the ground! Ah ah.....we need to inject some height courage into him! The kids (all three of them) looked like they had a great time. Grumpy says no to Ax throwing at the ranch - too dangerous - we'll stick to horseshoes!

Unknown said...

The prairie place looks sooo fun! I wanna go in a hot air balloon. Love the pic of yall on the bridge! Precious!

Deacon said...

Don't hate on the tall guys being scared of heights... I am terrified... a few inches or even a foot in height don't make up for being hundreds of feet in the air...