Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Medical Expenses

The bills are EOB's are flowing in now... PRAISE the LORD for insurance! :)

My question is, how does a baby in NICU have "self administered drugs"?!!!!

Just for fun....

Any guesses on how much a 27 day ante partum stay and delivery costs?

Any Guesses on how much a 2 week stay in NICU costs?

11 comments:

Grumpy said...

Miss Sarah:

The pictures and the stories look great - the kids look great, you look great and my boys look great. I love the pictures of Will camping - as Pat said, living the dream!

Grumpy said...

Miss sarah -

Oh, I can't break down the costs by component but I guess the whole bill is $200K plus

Hannah said...

Bless your heart! That is not fun to get that bill I know. I was in the hospital for surgery a couple of weeks ago for one day and the bill is just now coming and is outrageous! I cannot imagine what several weeks must be like. "Thank goodness for insurance" is what I say too! You have a precious little one to hopefully take your mind off it. We are still thinking of you! Love the new pics.

Mom Keena said...

I estimate the bill to be $179,548.32(Why does Grumpy call you Miss Sarah?)

J. said...

I laughed aloud at the "self-administered drugs" line! That is too funny (it can be funny since you have insurance that covers Cooper's self-administering of drugs)!

Meredith Adair said...

my guess is 324,500! : ) I have no idea, but so wonderful you guys have great insurance!

Meredith Adair said...

I'm getting this strange urge to go on The Price is Right!! Am I going to be the Showcase Showdown winner? : )

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

I'll say $400,000. In Price is Right, you get bumped if you overbid, right? I bet grumpy and meredith know a lot more about it than I do.

The Frugal Muse said...

I'm going to guess $149,999.64. I can't wait to hear what it really was!

Hannah said...

I guess I better get a bid in. Based on my recent bill of $21,000 (before insurance) for just one day, I am going to say it is closer to $500,000. Yah for insurance!