Saturday, January 8, 2011

Early December

Like I said, I am going back to get updated.
The first weekend in December my awesome husband had the kids all weekend while I headed to Chicago with two friends for a girl weekend.  He used one of his free nights from traveling and put us in a room downtown, a corner room and we woke up to a snow covered Chicago.

The final product of our Christmas lights, Pat thinks it will take him much less time next year since he figured out the best way to push through his fear of heights and climb up on the roof as opposed to standing on the ladder.  We shall see :)  The boys loved it though, they are still up and Cooper asks for them to be put up everyday.
While I was gone Pat made his great grandmothers white Christmas cookies with the boys.  From scratch!  It was a long process and might have been the fist and last time he does it.  Pats mom always makes them at Christmas.
While it snowed in Chicago it also snowed here so they spend some of the weekend outside.
 
Look at how he had it all set up with the colors and sprinkles... I was impressed.
The final product was two full 9x13 pans of cookies that I then ate all week while he went on a business trip!

Did I mention he did laundry and the house was clean!? 

Thank you Pat for the weekend away!

I had a great time with these girls.  We shopped, ate, pedicures, and just hung out.  I am blessed with great friends here and look forward to this being and annual girls trip :)


Posted by Picasa

No comments: