Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Freedom

First off today I got to walk ALL BY MYSELF from my room to an elevator to Coopers room! It really was a STRANGE feeling, this is the first time in almost four weeks I have been allowed to walk that far and the first time for me to be alone anywhere but in my room!

Secondly, tomorrow is when I get discharged! It will be my 27th day in here! I am going to get in a car and go in my house for the first time in soo long! I am excited... although not as anxious to go home as I was on my three weeks of bed rest... now I have mixed emotions about leaving the hospital since we won't be taking our WHOLE family with us. It is amazing the love I feel for this little guy... I can't wait until I can hold him and not have to worry about the 15 wires hanging on his body... basically I can't wait to take him home! :) We have the option to room in here, but we have decided at this point for me to go home... we think it will be good for our other little boy!

On that note, Cooper is doing well....

-They took him off of antibiotics
-They are letting me nurse as much as I want and are supplementing him afterwards through his tube
-He gained weight last night and tonight at his daily weigh in.. tonight he was 5lbs 4oz
-His "billy rate" (jaundice) stayed the same today... at least it did not go up! :)

Alright, I am off to pump and then sleep..... my last night here at the "resort"

4 comments:

Meredith Adair said...

You are an amazing mom - looking out for the best interest of each of your boys! Good job. Can't wait to hear the news that you ALL are going home.

J. said...

I'm so glad to read the updates and so excited for your new addition! He is absolutely darling--I love the pictures you've posted!

minicoop said...

We are so excited for you that you get to go home, your Cooper will be coming home soon:)

When our Coop was born he was readmitted to the nicu when he was 2 days old and put under the lights for two days...it was such a hard time for all of us, we will keep saying our prayers that your entire family is home soon!

christine said...

We are so excited for you!! Cooper is beautiful! Love all the pics and updates. So thrilled that you get to go home for Will's sake, but we'll be praying for you as you have to leave Cooper. Isn't the love he gives mommies just amazing? :) love you!!

c