Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Update on Cooper... Medically...

Cooper has done well since being home. Feeding him has been the biggest issue... he needs to gain weight yet is still SOOO lethargic... I am not supposed to let him go more than 4 hours but many times I can't get him awake enough to eat at all. BUT they had us in for a weight check today and he was 6lbs 2oz!! woohooo! I guess he is getting some of the milk even though he doesn't nurse long!

The other issue was him keeping his temp up (premies tend to get cold when they get an infection or something) and we have only had one time where it has been lower than they want... we did the kangaroo care with him as instructed and his temp was back up within a 10 minutes!

Praise the LORD for a great few days home!

We have been sooo blessed with friends and even girls I don't know from my MOPS group bringing us meals this week!

5 comments:

Hannah said...

Thanks for all the updates. I am sure you are very glad for meals, I know that helps so much during this time. Will looks like Andrew with his goggles. Heidi and Jacob says he was cheering on Michael Phelps! Andrew loves to swim too (with his goggles).

Grumpy said...

Miss Sarah:

I am so happy that the photos were added last night - I check the blog EVERY morning to get caught up with my favorite grandsons and their proud parents....it looks like all is well - I hope you guys are getting some sleep - I know if has to be tough. Love you.

Amanda said...

Yay!!! Eat, Cooper, eat! :)
Y'all look so happy.
God is faithful and full of grace and compassion.

christine said...

What a praise about his weight gain! How's he doing at night? Are you getting any rest?

Diana said...

Glad to hear that things are going so well for you all @ home! Keep up the good work!!! :-)