Thursday, August 14, 2008

No Strings Attached... Cooper Update

We have had a 4th day in a row of weight gain!!! woohoo! He is 5lbs 8.2oz! AND they removed his feeding tube today! Besides one picture in the delivery room when they removed the oxygen mask this is the first time for us to see him without anything on his face! He has nothing going into his body now, just 4 monitors on his chest and feet. This is down from 8 attachments to his body at the beginning of this whole process. He is also doing a better job keeping his temperature up (layered in clothes and swaddled in two blankets).

One prayer request in that every time I have nursed him today he has had 1-3 "bradys"....... his oxygen level dropping. And the general rule is that a baby has to go FIVE days without having a "brady" before they can go home!

I am up staying at the hospital for the next three nights... I had a rough time being home without him last night... the whole struggle of wanting to be there for each of my boys has been the hardest part for sure!


6 comments:

Mom Keena said...

Wow! He looks so much like Will! He's gorgeous!

Michelle said...

What an adorable little guy!

christine said...

So CUTE!! I agree, totally looks like Will with those Smit's lips!! What a praise! We'll continue praying--thanks so much for the update! Sorry I missed you again yesterday!

The Frugal Muse said...

Already praying for no more "Bradys." He is so precious, Sarah. So glad he's not so hooked up now!

J. said...

He is super cute--and so exciting to not have attachments. I pray you'll all be able to be home together soon!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! All your prayers are being answered. He has grown so much and is filling out beautifully. He looks so healthy. He definitely is a Smits.