Tuesday, July 22, 2008

32 weeek...11th day.....

Yesterday came and went withouth much excitement... but 32 weeks was our first "goal" date to get to.... so yeah I guess! :)

Liza, my little brothers GF flew in Sunday night for the week to help with Will (she just graduated and is on the job search), so my mom stayed home with them all day yesterday and the got here after 5... and brought dinner for us. It was my first day being up here all day by myself.... and i really was good until late in the day... then I started getting emotional! :)

Today, Will is finally having a playdate for the first time in 11 days... I thin it is sooo needed for him.... that is a long time for him to be with ALL adults and basically getting whatever he wants! My mom and Liza are headed up here later this morning and then Liza will leave and go get Will down for a nap and bring him up later for me to see him today. It is so strange how the hospital is just part of his little life these days!

As far as baby, things are stable and the same with him/her.... just sitting tight!

Also, for those of you (including me) that were questioning why they are going to take the baby at 34 weeks (August 4th at 12p, is the scheduled section) if I am still JUST like I am now.... "why not let the baby cook even more".... I asked yesterday and the doc said that statistics show that the risk of infection in a 34 week baby in NICU is lower than keeping a baby in a mom who is ruptured. A 34 weeker in NICU does better than a 37 weeker with an infection. Make sense?!

1 comment:

molly said...

Sounds like you're surviving these boring days. I think of you all the time, and hope I can make it up there soon. Hang in there!!!