Sunday, July 13, 2008

WOW

I am just overwhelmed and brought to tears by the number of emails and offers of help from friends and family here and across the country! THANK YOU!

Just to answer a few questions I have gotten several times....

-We are are Community North Hospital in Indianapolis
-They have no idea when this baby will come.... the 2nd shot of steroids for babies lungs was given tonight and the DON'T want labor for another 24 hours for sure. But the real goal at this point is 34 weeks (I am 31 tomorrow). Statistically women go into labor 75% of the time within 1 weekof their water breaking. We are just hoping the baby will stay in there as long as possible... via the on-call doctor (will see mine tomorrow) if the baby stays in until 35 weeks they will then take the baby.

Kind strange that it won't just be me and Will again at the house.... like Pat said last night we just aren't mentally prepared for a newborn yet.... especially quite possibly a sick one! Please pray for all three soon to be four of us with this transition!

hmmmm, I think that covers most of the questions as of now.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, I just read all of your most recent posts! I'm pretty emotional for you guys right now, but that also means I'm praying extra hard!

I'm sure this is an incredibly challenging time for you, but it sounds like you are doing really well with it and trusting in the Lord with your little one. We, like so many others around the world, are praying for you guys!

Thanks for the updates!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I have been thinking about you and praying for you all day. I am so glad you have the family support there for you right now. I will continue to pray as we get more updates. I hope you are feeling well and are able to rest comfortably!

Katy said...

We are for sure praying for all 4 of you. If there is anything you need, don't hesitate to let all your fellow MOPS know! We'll do whatever you need!

Unknown said...

OMGoodness, Sarah! I'm so glad we're in touch. Otherwise, we would never have known. I just told Christian. Know that the Vaughts are praying for you back in Arkansas. Keep us posted. Hang in there little guy!

The Frugal Muse said...

In the midst of all the unknown, I am happy for you about at least these three things:

1. That you are so organized and on-the-ball. Your nursery has been ready for weeks. Knowing you, the rest of your house is in great order, too! If any of my babies had come early, they would have been sleeping in a dresser. Seriously. Not so with the Smits baby. He or she will come home to beautifully ready space... no sooner or later than God intends. The timing will be perfect.

2. That you are staying in such an awesome hospital. I looked it up online to see what it's like... and the LDRR rooms look awesome. If you and/or baby are going to be camping out somewhere for a while, that looks like a pretty nice place to do it!

3. That you have so many HUNDREDS of people praying for you, Pat, Will and your little one. No doubt that God will take care of all four of you.

Much love and many hugs coming from Idaho...

Corie said...

Hi Sarah... (I'm from MOPS, in case you don't recognize the name...) I think we've met a couple times but I know I don't know you well personally... but I have checked your site from time to time and Katy alerted our MOPS bible study to your site for what was going on, tonight... I just wanted to let you know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your little one. I am amazed at how down-to-earth you sound about this and how it is so evident that you are trusting God for the situation. You're really inspiring, which I know is not why you're doing this, but just know it is a bonus for those of us who are reading your site. Please let us at MOPS know if there is ANYTHING you need that we can do for you. Hang in there, little baby!

Michelle said...

Hey Sarah...just wanted to let you know that we're praying for you and your family. I can't imagine going through what you are, so I will just continue to pray for you!

jkcm said...

Sarah,

This is Kara, your neighbor from Border Dr. We are praying for you all and that this baby takes it's sweet time to meet the world. I can't even imagine what you are going through. God will take care of you and your little one although you already know that! Take care and get some rest. Peace and Grace, Kara and family

Nikki said...

Hi Sarah! It's Nikki from MOPS. Katy sent out an e-mail that you were in the hospital. I will be praying for you, the baby and the rest of the family. I delivered at Comm. North and, as I'm sure you have realized, all of the nurses are wonderful! Gabi was in the NICU for 5 days and the nurses and doctors are wonderful up there as well. You are in great hands!