PROM: Premature rupture of Membranes...... A.K.A. my water broke today!!!!!!
I guess I shouldn't have actually blogged about me yesterday and should have just stuck with my normal posting of pictures on here of Will! :)
Basically at 6:30am I woke up and thought I had peed myself... when it kept happening over the next little bit we called the doctor and they had us come to the hospital. They monitored the baby and tested to see it I had an amniotic fluid leakage and it came back negative.... they said I probably did just pee myself. So we left the hospital feeling dumb but relieved!
In the grocery store about an hour later i was just walking and had the feeling again, this time all they way through to where it LOOKED like I peed myself. It kept happening over the next several hours. We called again and headed back to the hospital where I passed the test with flying colors... I was not peeing myself but my water had been broken!
So, I am here to stay. I won't go home until I have this baby which we hope is weeks away. I am 31 weeks on Monday and the lungs are not considered to be fully developed until 37! They gave me a steroid today and will give me more tomorrow to try and help the lungs develop. Besides that they are monitoring me and the baby and pumping me with antibiotics. They will not induce labor unless I get a fever or if the babies heart rate is a concern. The baby is still breech so it is basically going to be c-section due to the lack of fluid now that would help it be able to flip.
My amazing friend Kelly has Will today and tomorrow Missy/Mimi is flying in to help with Will. Besides that, it is just a waiting game now!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
God is in control....
-A week ago we were in Florida today
-Pat was scheduled to leave on a business trip on Monday
-Pat JUST turned down a job offer that would have had him out of town right now and for the next couple months!
-We have an amazing family who has bombarded us with offers to come take care of Will
-We have AMAZING friends here who have taken Will today and "indefinitely" for us! :)
God's timing is perfect and we are really finding comfort in that!
Prayer requests.....
-That I get to be in this hospital room for MANY weeks because the baby is camping out in me! :)
-That the baby and I do not get ANY infections
-That the baby will miraculously turn. from the current position... probably won't happen but God is BIG!
-Will.... that he will be OK considering I MIGHT be in here for a long time and if I am not then we will be here visiting the baby in the NICU
-For Pat and I to rest in the Lord and not be anxious
Thanks for all of you who care and pray! This is all sooo strange and surreal that we are here and won't leave without a baby!
I guess I shouldn't have actually blogged about me yesterday and should have just stuck with my normal posting of pictures on here of Will! :)
Basically at 6:30am I woke up and thought I had peed myself... when it kept happening over the next little bit we called the doctor and they had us come to the hospital. They monitored the baby and tested to see it I had an amniotic fluid leakage and it came back negative.... they said I probably did just pee myself. So we left the hospital feeling dumb but relieved!
In the grocery store about an hour later i was just walking and had the feeling again, this time all they way through to where it LOOKED like I peed myself. It kept happening over the next several hours. We called again and headed back to the hospital where I passed the test with flying colors... I was not peeing myself but my water had been broken!
So, I am here to stay. I won't go home until I have this baby which we hope is weeks away. I am 31 weeks on Monday and the lungs are not considered to be fully developed until 37! They gave me a steroid today and will give me more tomorrow to try and help the lungs develop. Besides that they are monitoring me and the baby and pumping me with antibiotics. They will not induce labor unless I get a fever or if the babies heart rate is a concern. The baby is still breech so it is basically going to be c-section due to the lack of fluid now that would help it be able to flip.
My amazing friend Kelly has Will today and tomorrow Missy/Mimi is flying in to help with Will. Besides that, it is just a waiting game now!
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
God is in control....
-A week ago we were in Florida today
-Pat was scheduled to leave on a business trip on Monday
-Pat JUST turned down a job offer that would have had him out of town right now and for the next couple months!
-We have an amazing family who has bombarded us with offers to come take care of Will
-We have AMAZING friends here who have taken Will today and "indefinitely" for us! :)
God's timing is perfect and we are really finding comfort in that!
Prayer requests.....
-That I get to be in this hospital room for MANY weeks because the baby is camping out in me! :)
-That the baby and I do not get ANY infections
-That the baby will miraculously turn. from the current position... probably won't happen but God is BIG!
-Will.... that he will be OK considering I MIGHT be in here for a long time and if I am not then we will be here visiting the baby in the NICU
-For Pat and I to rest in the Lord and not be anxious
Thanks for all of you who care and pray! This is all sooo strange and surreal that we are here and won't leave without a baby!
3 comments:
Oh, my goodness. What a crazy time for you guys! Lucas and I will be praying that Baby Smits stays nice and cozy inside you for several more weeks!
I'm so thankful for skilled doctors and nurses who I'm sure are taking good care of you two. We'll keep praying!
I got a little teary reading this. I'll sure be praying for you and the health of the new little baby to come. I know you are in good hands at the hospital. Like you said, God is in control and I am so thankful that you are at peace right now. We'll be thinking of you and praying hard.
Wow, Sarah! We missed you at church this morning--obviously for good reason! :) I'm so incredibly touched by your testimony to our BIG GOD!!!! You are so right, and while the circumstances are unexpected, I pray that this time will allow you to gain a spiritual strength in and closeness to the Lord that you never could have imagined. A friend from my MOPS group just had a baby a couple of weeks ago after being on hospital bedrest for quite a lengthy time, and she actually started a support group of sorts with the other moms in the hospital in the same situation. Just a thought...you never know how God can use us when we're open to His creativity!!!
Praying for your family!! Carmen :)
Post a Comment