As some of you know about a year ago I became a couponer... quite obsessive at times :).... it cut our grocery bill down by a TON! It is amazing what you can get FREE or even paid to buy sometimes! Our closet has three shelves of toiletries that were "bought" that way... and this is after donating a huge bag of stuff to a food pantry. At the CVS and Walgreens I go to weekly they know me :)... one girl calls me the "coupon lady"... and a lady at the other store loves when I come in to see how much I saved! :) (Granted these aren't managers.... they probably don't love people like me as much! :))
Anyway, it has killed me the past two weeks not being able to go do some of the deals that I knew were coming up. BUT this week I HAD to send my mom and Pat to do a deal for me... it was hard relinquishing control and I was worried that they wouldn't do it right! :) It was getting diapers for $.31... THREE packs! So I had my mom do it earlier this week and then I sent Pat today. It is TOTALLY outside Pats comfort zone to have to go ask the pharmacy for their coupon book and all these other steps for this particular deal. But he did it once and LOVED it :)... well loved the basically free diapers so he has already hit up another Walgreen's and said he plans to have 12 packs of diapers by the end of the day! woooohoooo! I LOVE IT!
I sound like a Psycho but the joy over getting a good deal is sooo fun! :)
4 comments:
Oh, Sarah. I am so there with you. Lucas always rolls his eyes when I say I need to run to Walgreens! But he, like Pat, was totally on board when he found out how cheap I can get diapers there on these special deals!
Don't worry... there will be plenty of couponing awaiting you when you are out of the hospital! I'm so glad your mom and Pat are helping out with hitting up the deals this week, though!
I'm so jealous that you have CVS close to you! We have Walgreens and Rite Aid... so I can get some great deals there... but I have heard that CVS is the real gold mine most of the time.
i have just started clipping coupons! i look forward to it every sunday afternoon. i am still in the beginning stages so i usually only save 2-3 dollars each time, but i hope to get better :)
Man I want in on this thing!! How does it work???
Me too, tell us about it!
Post a Comment