Sunday, July 13, 2008

Funny

Just checked my email and I am signed up where I get an email weekly telling me how the baby is developing and what is going on with me, this was what it said....

You are now 31 weeks pregnant!
WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOU At this point you may be quite eager for your pregnancy to end and your baby to be born. Aches and pains, along with feelings of anxiety, may be on the rise.


WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY The digestive track is nearly mature, but the last few weeks in utero are critical for the lungs. In fact, one of the biggest problems experienced by premature babies is underdeveloped lungs. But if your little one decides to emerge before your due date, there is much that can be done in the hospital to get them -- and the rest of that little body -- ready to go home

Kind of funny to get as I sit in the hospital.

Well Missy is here. She came by with Pat and Will for about an hour and Will getting stir crazy and running around our room was just a confirmation of how much of a blessing it is to have her here!

Unfortunately right after they left (Pat is coming back later for the night) the NICU nurse came to talk to me and answer any questions.... so Pat wasn't here for that. It is going to be HARD if this kiddo doesn't stay in me and we are dealing with all the issues from delivery on! She said that if I delivered now expect he/she to be in here for 35 days.

I had gone about 24 hours with no tears but once she left and I just started thinking of a sick baby that we may not be able to hold for a while and all the "possible" scenarios she left with me... plus I did a big no no and looked up pictures online of babies on ventilators and stuff and that just broke me heart... we just haven't ever been in a NICU unit or really around ANY tiny sick babies that the unknown feels HUGE... anyway a good cry by myself is always good right?! :) I am good at the moment!

Well, thanks for all the comments, calls, and emails. I won't have quite the Internet access tomorrow like I have had since Pat will need his computer to actually work! :) But hopefully once a day I can get on here.... and then of course if we have anything happen once we get a break we will try to let people know. This is for sure a GREAT thing about a Blog is that we can keep lots of people updated and with details. Just phone calls with our immediate family is like 20 calls! And this is a lot for two people who really don't like the phone.... although my tune might change on that if I am sitting here for a few weeks! :)

Oh yeah, my mom (who has just moved to Nigeria like 6 weeks ago) was planning on coming when the baby was due for a month.... and then after yesterday and Missy coming was just going to come later this week. But she couldn't sleep and said when she got up this morning my dad was already booking her a flight! :) She has a direct flight from Africa to Atlanta and will be here tomorrow night.... we are soooo blessed.

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Sarah...just got word of your condition and your blog through the Crossroads e-mail. I will keep you all in my prayers as you wait and see what the next few weeks will bring. May God watch over you and protect you and your little one! You can check out my blog too through Molly's...I haven't had a lot of time to post lately with the move but feel free to check it when you get bored! Hopefully you will be bored over the next few weeks which means NO BABY yet! Take care-
Mel